• MYSA Fall Football — Registration is now underway for the 2019 Marion Youth Sports Association’s fall football season. Flag and tackle football sign-ups are going on now. The cost is $60. Visit www.gomysa.
com for online registration and more information.
• Riverside Speedway Events — Riverside International
a pair of special events planned this weekend.
Friday night, July 12, it’s the “BBQ and Womanless Review” a not-so beauty pageant. Come and vote for your favorite driver as part of a special Make-A-Wish fundraiser. Then on Saturday, July 13, it’s the Make-A-Wish Race honoring Sonny Sayre & Craig Guy, Classes: 360 WS, 305 WS, 600 LM, and Stock.
$15 general admission, children 5 and under $5.
Pit passes are $35.
• J.W. Rich Girls Club Summer Program — The 2019 J.W. Rich Girls Club Summer Program is underway, and runs through Friday, Aug. 2, at the club, 591 Shoppingway Blvd., Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (the Girls Club is closed on Saturday and Sunday).
The fee for the full summer is $375, plus $50 annual club dues if not already paid. Discount for families with multiple children ($300 for the second child, $275 per child after that). The program also has a $10 perchild daily rate (must be paid at time of pick-up).
A $200 down-payment is due on the first day, with the remainder due two weeks later. Activities include sports time, special guest speakers, game days and more. $3 pizza day on Fridays. The Summer Program is open to girls ages 5 and up. For more information, visit the club from 3 to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, or call (870) 394-9426.
• MYSA Summer Football Clinics — Players signed up for the Marion Youth Sports Association’s 2019 fall football season are invited to gey a jump on the season.
MYSA is putting on a series of football clinics this summer and all the kids who sign up for fall football can hone their skills in the offseason at these weekly camps.
Clinics will focus on the fundamentals of football, including Condtioning, Blocking Techniques, Tackling Techniques, and Positional Techniques for Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Offensive and Defensice Lineman, Linebacker and others. Register in person at one of the clinics or go online to www.
gomysa.com for more information. Fall registration (which includes access to the clinics) is only $60 this season. Any child ages 7 to 12 who is registered for fall MYSA tackle football is eligible to participate. The cost is free for all athletes registered for the MYSA fall football league. Clinics will be held every Monday, from now through Monday, Aug. 19, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Brunetti Park in Marion. For more information, call (901) 413-3453, find the Marion Youth Sports Association on Facebook, or visit www.gomysa.
• Diamond Astros Tryouts — Local 10U baseball team the Diamond Astros will be holding open team tryouts on Thursday, July 11, at 6 p.m., at K& R Park in Marion. Participants will need to bring all of your own baseball equipment (cleats, glove, bat, helmet, etc.) Travel/competitive experience preferred. For any additional