• 3rd Annual CASA 5K
— Need a new year’s goal?
Want to support a great organization? Start getting ready for the 3rd annual CASA 5K, Saturday, June 22, at the Marion Courthouse. CASA (Court Appointed Special Avocates) of the Arkansas Delta is a multi-county nonprofit that helps children in crisis, particularly those in the foster care system. Registration is $30 (includes a free t-shirt) Late registration is day of.
Shirts are limited. Children under 8 are free! T-shirts are $12. To register online go to www.steamsracetiming.
com. For more information, find CASA Arkansas Delta on Facebook, or call Chloe Harrison or Carolyn Slaughter at (870) 702-5951.
• Sports Equipment Roundup — Junior Auxiliary of Crittenden County is collecting new and gently- used sporting equipment donations as part of the JACC All-Stars Benefit for Local Youth Programs.
Balls, cleats, football pads, bats, gloves, tennis rackets, golf clubs, etc., are being collected for local young athletes in need. Any sport, any size! Drop-off locations are the Fidelity National Bank main office in West Memphis, or Marion Minor Medical Clinic in Marion.
• Co-Ed Volleyball Tourney & Bake Sale — The J.W. Rich Girls Club will be hosting a special day of fun for a good cause. The club will be putting on a fundraiser for Karyn Weaver at the J. W. Rich Girls Club, 519 Shoppingway Blvd., in West Memphis, on Saturday, May 4. Bake sale starts at 10 a.m; ages 10-13 tourney starts at 3:30 p.m., ages 14 & up tournet starts at 5:30 p.m. Teams will be formed via a blind draft $ 15 per person to play.
All proceeds from the tournaments and bake sale will go to the Weaver Family.
• Memphis in May Triathlon and Sports Expo — The 37th Annual Memphis in May Triathlon will celebrate Memphis’ 200th anniversary on May 17-19 with events held at Edmund Orgill Park in Millington, Tenn. This year’s Amateur Challenge has a $5,000 prize purse to be paid to the top 15 male and female athletes who participate in both the sprint and Olympic triathlon events. The Challenge consists of the lowest total combined time. Produced by PR. Event Management, proceeds will benefit Edmund Orgill Park improvements. Previous years’ proceeds have helped purchase a park bench and a wildlife-proof trash container for the park.
Triathlon events kick off on Friday, May 18 from 3 to 7 p.m. with the Sports Expo, registration and packet pick up. The MIM Sprint Triathlon begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 18. A sprint triathlon is a short-distance triathlon ideal for competitors who are new to the sport because it requires less training. It consists of a 1/3-mile swim, a 12-mile bike ride and 3-mile run.
Post-race party for athletes is from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Sports Expo and packet pickup for the Olympic Triathlon continues 9:30 а.m. until 2 p.m. The 37th Annual Memphis in May Olympic Triathlon begins at 7 a.m. on Sunday, May 19. The triathlon includes swimming .93miles (1.5 K) in Casper Lake, biking 24.8 miles (40K) around Edmund Orgill Park and a б.2-mile (10K) run. Postrace party for athletes and Amateur Challenge awards is from 9:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. For information, visit pr-eventmanagement.
net or contact Pam Routh at (901) 550-2114 or pamrunsraces@ gmail.com.
• Girls Club Softball —
Registration has been extended for the J.W. Rich 2019 Spring Softball season. Stop by the Girls Club, 519 Shoppingway Blvd., in West Memphis Monday through Friday from 3 to 6 p.m., to sign up. Play is open to girls ages 4 to 12 (must be 4 before the start of play). $50 annual membership dues are also required if not already paid).
For more information, visit the J.W. Rich Girls Club’s Facebook page.
• Delta Gymnastics classes — Classes available for ages 2 and up on Thursdays at 5:15 p.m. For more information please contact Delta Gymnastics at (870) 735-5900. John Beaumont – jbeau.younglife@gmail.
com, Sara Fenter – sfenter@ fenterpt .com, or Jerry Fenter email@example.com.
• Studio Gray Dance Clinic — Check out the Studio Gray Dance Clinic programs at the Boys & Girls Club of Crittenden County.
Designed to help kids going into cheer, pom & hip-hop.
For more information or to register, inquire via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (901) 303-6221.